- Danish stocks
- First North Copenhagen
- Bavarian Nordic
- Chr. Hansen
- DanDrit Biotech
- GN Store Nord
- Novo Nordisk
- Veloxis Pharmaceuticals
- William Demant
- Zealand Pharma
- Norwegian stocks
- Swedish stocks
- A1M Pharma
- Accelerator Nordic
- Clinical Laserthermia
- Eurocine Vaccines
- European Inst. of Science
- IDL Biotech
- Medfield Diagnostics
- Micropos Medical
- Rubicon Life Science
- SPAGO Imaging
- Vivoline Medical
- First North Stockholm
- OMX Stockholm A-F
- OMX Stockholm G-Z
- US stocks
- General discussion
- All posts
As some of you may recall, CCH’s NGAL patent was revoked at the OD of EPO in december 2011 to the dismay of Abbott
But – in our camp – to qoute my favourite philosophers Monty Python again – ” there was much rejoicing”
The issue at the OD was whether the invention lacked novelty and inventive steps. The conclusion – much to the dismay of CCH and Abbott – whose test is based on CCH’s patent – was that the invention did indeed lack both…
Based on this document from EPO: Opposition to CCH patent.
We all hoped that this was the final straw – and that CCH would concede to OD’s decision – alas – this is not the case..
Inquiring minds wants to know – so I checked the present status of patent EP 1616184
Unsurprisingly CCH has decided to appeal the case. Modiani and Partners – on behalf of CCH appealed the decision on the 31st of january 2012. – and the appeal has been granted. I expect to see a filing of new arguments (or same arguments) end of may 2012
[NEW SINCE THIS POST:]
Heres the document that Modiano&Partners lay as grounds for the revokation of the revokation… (so to speak)
EPO then sets the time limit for further replies, with a deadline due yesterday. (15-10-2012)
[Update written by Drueagurken]
- EPO, Oral Proceedings / NGAL cutoff-patent (III) The Reasons for the decision by the EPO, regarding the...
- EPO, Oral Proceedings / NGAL cutoff-patent (II) Following EPO presentation of the minutes of the Oral Proceedings...
- BioPorto, status of Trauma Patent at USPTO I said to myself “I wonder what the present status...
- BioPorto, status of Trauma Patent at USPTO (II) Last week I gave myself a fright, when browsing the...
- NGAL BioPorto and Phadia in Medwatch.dk NGAL – For the benefit of our esteemed readers from...