- Danish stocks
- First North Copenhagen
- Bavarian Nordic
- Chr. Hansen
- DanDrit Biotech
- GN Store Nord
- Novo Nordisk
- Veloxis Pharmaceuticals
- William Demant
- Zealand Pharma
- Norwegian stocks
- Swedish stocks
- A1M Pharma
- Accelerator Nordic
- Clinical Laserthermia
- Eurocine Vaccines
- European Inst. of Science
- IDL Biotech
- Medfield Diagnostics
- Micropos Medical
- Rubicon Life Science
- SPAGO Imaging
- Vivoline Medical
- First North Stockholm
- OMX Stockholm A-F
- OMX Stockholm G-Z
- US stocks
- General discussion
- All posts
BioPorto, status of Trauma Patent at USPTO
By Stengaard On 5. July 2012 · Leave a Comment · In BioPorto
I said to myself “I wonder what the present status of the Trauma Patent – patent application no Patent 12/302.931 is at the USPTO ? …”
Lesson learned – in short “Let sleeping dog lie” Sometimes some questions are better of unasked. Or at least you should be prepared to get an unwanted answer, and certainly not ask questions while sipping hot coffee. But don’t worry – the story has a happy ending.
In the afternoon I did a routine scan of BioPorto’s patent applications in the USPTO and decided today was the day where I would review the documents regarding the Trauma patent.
FINAL Rejection – it said carved in stone ….
After drying off my laptop, I began to review my options What do you do? Well, first of all I thought back at the stock-price-massacres BioP experienced when a more or less explicable event has been interpreted somewhat / very alternative of “patent experts” with limited language skills (noone mentioned. – my command of english is also rudimentary)
So, the obvious thing to do, is to sit down to read the whole case .. AND write to BioPorto.
The last part was a very good idea , my mood is MUCH better now …
my first write BioP …
Hi Thea …
what is this? something we should be observant of – and be proactive? (Patent 12/302.931 – final rejection). Taught by experience, it can be better to address obstacles the moment they arise
and very shortly afterwards the answer came :
We received in May 2012 a Final Office Action / Final Rejection from USTPO regarding our trauma Patent Application in USA.
A Final Rejection is just an indication that BioPorto must pay a new fee, so that the review can be continued in USTPO. The patent application is not rejected , the wording is wrong BioPorto is presently preparing a response to USTPO.
Sincerely / Best regards
|Gry Louise Larsen Husby
Corporate Lawyer / Corporate legal counsel
By now my attention had risen -so I read (some) of the claims and counterclaims. Currently its an exchange of point-of-views between Abbott (surprise) and BioPorto (Høiberg). Abbott relies very on the claims of CCH – and BioPorto relies on the facts …. It’ll probably go as at EPO – BioP will get a trauma patent eventually – the case is under consideration by our all time favorite examiner Christine Foster ….
BioPorto investor from way back when... I've invested in BioPorto ever since they made their debut on the danish stock exchange, it been a looooong journey with many obstacles. But well worth it all if Bioporto maintains their patent after the proceedings in 2014, and enters into agreements with Global Distributors in 2012 and 2013 If not, then it'll take another xx.years 🙂
- Bioporto, status på Traumepatent USPTO Bioporto, hvad er mon egentlig status på Traumepatent i USPTO...
- APC-PCI patent – status at EPO/USPTO Some have described BioPorto as a “one trick pony” –...
- NEW PATENT: Methods For Rapid Assessment of Severity of a Trauma On the 28’th of December 2011, EPO issued the patent...
- Status of CCH’s revoked NGAL patent at OD. (UPDATED) As some of you may recall, CCH’s NGAL patent was...
- Applicant Arguments on the USPTO non-final rejection of the “NGAL exclusion patent” application. (Page 1) ...
- Lesliejek on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Patrickciz on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Jameskipse on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Rickiehiela on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- James Rolitson on Good Discussion on Bronte Capital’s long thesis on Herbalife