- Danish stocks
- First North Copenhagen
- Bavarian Nordic
- Chr. Hansen
- DanDrit Biotech
- GN Store Nord
- Novo Nordisk
- Veloxis Pharmaceuticals
- William Demant
- Zealand Pharma
- Norwegian stocks
- Swedish stocks
- A1M Pharma
- Accelerator Nordic
- Clinical Laserthermia
- Eurocine Vaccines
- European Inst. of Science
- IDL Biotech
- Medfield Diagnostics
- Micropos Medical
- Rubicon Life Science
- SPAGO Imaging
- Vivoline Medical
- First North Stockholm
- OMX Stockholm A-F
- OMX Stockholm G-Z
- US stocks
- General discussion
- All posts
The Reasons for the decision by the EPO, regarding the revokation of the NGAL cutoff-patent are now available at the EPO website, in a document titled: “The Grounds for the decision”
In short – the OD does not find that the invention fulfills article 83 and article 100 (summary on page 11) – I’ll elaborate a bit more on this once I’ve had the time to study the message more thoroughly. But at first glance, it looks as if the scalability of the invention is the problem – that the invention cannot be used over the entirety of the area that the patent is protecting, in that respect OD reiterates the misinterpretation of the scientific results that led to the appeal in the first place…(although BioPorto has repeatedly tried to correct OD’s mistake)
Further OD involves CRF (Chronic Renal Failure) which in my book is a mistake… although CRF is a renal disorder, the cut-off patent is aiming at identifying those who suffer from AKI (Acute Kidney Injury) – if for no other reason most people would be able to distinquish between Chronic and Acute….
The first semi-official reaction from BioPorto can be found here (unfortunately in danish) – however they interpritate the conclusion somewhat differently – stating that the reason for the revokation is that is that the description of the method is not sufficient
Anyways – untill I have a more fullfilling statement from Høiberg, we are all at sea.. (please see update underneath) Importantly – however – the Patent is valid until at least 2014 (where we hope for a more positive verdict from the Technical Appeal Board), and – the supplementary patents (including but not limited to the Trauma/triage-patent) are not affected.
Further the decision does not affect the ongoing FDA-trial or the USPTO (US equivalent to EPO)
BioPorto investor from way back when... I've invested in BioPorto ever since they made their debut on the danish stock exchange, it been a looooong journey with many obstacles. But well worth it all if Bioporto maintains their patent after the proceedings in 2014, and enters into agreements with Global Distributors in 2012 and 2013 If not, then it'll take another xx.years 🙂
- EPO, Oral Proceedings / NGAL cutoff-patent (I) As you are all painfully aware of, EPO (European Patent...
- EPO, Oral Proceedings / NGAL cutoff-patent (II) Following EPO presentation of the minutes of the Oral Proceedings...
- Abbott submissions for the Oral Proceedings. Abbott submission for EPO OD Oral Proceedings News from EPOLINE:...
- NEW PATENT: Methods For Rapid Assessment of Severity of a Trauma On the 28’th of December 2011, EPO issued the patent...
- Todays setback.. what does it mean ? Unofficial translation of todays annoncement : BioPortos NGAL cutoff patent...
Tagged with: BioPorto • EPO • NGAL cutoff-patent • revokation
- Lesliejek on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Patrickciz on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Jameskipse on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Rickiehiela on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- James Rolitson on Good Discussion on Bronte Capital’s long thesis on Herbalife
Ritzau finans har denne: http://www.euroinvestor.dk/nyheder/2012/05/22/bio…