- Danish stocks
- First North Copenhagen
- Bavarian Nordic
- Chr. Hansen
- DanDrit Biotech
- GN Store Nord
- Novo Nordisk
- Veloxis Pharmaceuticals
- William Demant
- Zealand Pharma
- Norwegian stocks
- Swedish stocks
- A1M Pharma
- Accelerator Nordic
- Clinical Laserthermia
- Eurocine Vaccines
- European Inst. of Science
- IDL Biotech
- Medfield Diagnostics
- Micropos Medical
- Rubicon Life Science
- SPAGO Imaging
- Vivoline Medical
- First North Stockholm
- OMX Stockholm A-F
- OMX Stockholm G-Z
- US stocks
- General discussion
- All posts
NGAL rises are seen in cancer-patients
By Stengaard On 29. January 2012 · Leave a Comment · In BioPorto
As mentioned in the MedicoInvestor Presentation NGAL for Dummies, Inflammation and cancer will often result in higher NGAL values, than what is present in normal healthy individuals. NGAL is not exclusively produced by the Kidneys, but also from whote blood cells, and other types of tissue.
This Chinese survey demonstrates that higher values than normal are seen in cancerpatients.
Other studies have shown that healthy individuals (the upper quartile) have NGAL values up to 146 ng/ml.
So what does that mean ? Well – for a start, if you use a cutoff of 150 ng/ml as suggested by Alere (and mentioned as a possible threshold by Abbott) – you will label a lot of false positive patients as AKI patients
The abovementiond study support this
In another interesting study NGAL has another mores sinister role to play…
BioPorto investor from way back when... I've invested in BioPorto ever since they made their debut on the danish stock exchange, it been a looooong journey with many obstacles. But well worth it all if Bioporto maintains their patent after the proceedings in 2014, and enters into agreements with Global Distributors in 2012 and 2013 If not, then it'll take another xx.years 🙂
- NGAL as a marker of Acute Heart Failure (AHF) “Prognostic utility of plasma neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin in patients with...
- Just in case your German is less than perfect Neue biomarker verbessern voraussage akuten. in short : NGAL is...
- The Scarlet Abbreviation: NGAL. NGAL will save lives and money. Or so a study...
- Lesliejek on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Patrickciz on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Jameskipse on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Rickiehiela on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- James Rolitson on Good Discussion on Bronte Capital’s long thesis on Herbalife