- Danish stocks
- First North Copenhagen
- Bavarian Nordic
- Chr. Hansen
- DanDrit Biotech
- GN Store Nord
- Novo Nordisk
- Veloxis Pharmaceuticals
- William Demant
- Zealand Pharma
- Norwegian stocks
- Swedish stocks
- A1M Pharma
- Accelerator Nordic
- Clinical Laserthermia
- Eurocine Vaccines
- European Inst. of Science
- IDL Biotech
- Medfield Diagnostics
- Micropos Medical
- Rubicon Life Science
- SPAGO Imaging
- Vivoline Medical
- First North Stockholm
- OMX Stockholm A-F
- OMX Stockholm G-Z
- US stocks
- General discussion
- All posts
According to the document on EPOLINE: “Information about the result of oral proceedings” the patent is revoked as it did not meet the requirements of EPC art. 101 (3)(b).
So what does that mean?
According to the European Patent Convention, it means: ”
“(3) If the Opposition Division is of the opinion that, taking into consideration the amendments made by the proprietor of the European patent during the opposition proceedings, the patent and the invention to which it relates
(b) do not meet the requirements of this Convention, it shall revoke the patent. “
So thats the official statement from EPO at this point.
In the official (and now translated) statement from Bioporto, they claim that: “The EPO’s opinion is that there is an insufficient description in the patent to perform the method as specified in claim 1.”
So what does claim 1…. well claim?
It claims 2 thing.
1: That you can measure the likelihood of a renal disorder, by measuring in bodily fluids, and thereby determine the concentration of NGAL in this bodily fluid, and if….
2: the concentration is over 250 Ng/ml, it is indicative of a renal disorder.
So either its the 250 ng/ml, or the use of any bodily fluid that is beeing questioned by the EPO OD.
Lets focus on that, and find out what we can.
- So what do we know about the OD ruling? According to the document on EPOLINE: “Information about the result...
- The Opposition. What to expect? Opposition Division is a “control institution” at the EPO. OD’s...
- Todays setback.. what does it mean ? Unofficial translation of todays annoncement : BioPortos NGAL cutoff patent...
- Revokation of CCH’s NGAL patent (Cincinnati Children’s Hospital) We have the greatest respect for the work of CCH,...
- OD is not an overdose (on this site) OD and OP… On this site – as most sites for...