- Danish stocks
- First North Copenhagen
- Bavarian Nordic
- Chr. Hansen
- DanDrit Biotech
- GN Store Nord
- Novo Nordisk
- Veloxis Pharmaceuticals
- William Demant
- Zealand Pharma
- Norwegian stocks
- Swedish stocks
- A1M Pharma
- Accelerator Nordic
- Clinical Laserthermia
- Eurocine Vaccines
- European Inst. of Science
- IDL Biotech
- Medfield Diagnostics
- Micropos Medical
- Rubicon Life Science
- SPAGO Imaging
- Vivoline Medical
- First North Stockholm
- OMX Stockholm A-F
- OMX Stockholm G-Z
- US stocks
- General discussion
- All posts
Status of CCH’s revoked NGAL patent at OD. (UPDATED)
By Stengaard On 16. October 2012 · Leave a Comment · In BioPorto
As some of you may recall, CCH’s NGAL patent was revoked at the OD of EPO in december 2011 to the dismay of Abbott
But – in our camp – to qoute my favourite philosophers Monty Python again – ” there was much rejoicing”
The issue at the OD was whether the invention lacked novelty and inventive steps. The conclusion – much to the dismay of CCH and Abbott – whose test is based on CCH’s patent – was that the invention did indeed lack both…
The decision prompted this statement from BioPorto.
Based on this document from EPO: Opposition to CCH patent.
We all hoped that this was the final straw – and that CCH would concede to OD’s decision – alas – this is not the case..
Inquiring minds wants to know – so I checked the present status of patent EP 1616184
Unsurprisingly CCH has decided to appeal the case. Modiani and Partners – on behalf of CCH appealed the decision on the 31st of january 2012. – and the appeal has been granted. I expect to see a filing of new arguments (or same arguments) end of may 2012
[NEW SINCE THIS POST:]
Heres the document that Modiano&Partners lay as grounds for the revokation of the revokation… (so to speak)
EPO then sets the time limit for further replies, with a deadline due yesterday. (15-10-2012)
It will be interesting to see Dr. Ute Kilger’s and Jens Viktor Nørgaard‘s replies when they are posted at EPOLINE.
[Update written by Drueagurken]
BioPorto investor from way back when... I've invested in BioPorto ever since they made their debut on the danish stock exchange, it been a looooong journey with many obstacles. But well worth it all if Bioporto maintains their patent after the proceedings in 2014, and enters into agreements with Global Distributors in 2012 and 2013 If not, then it'll take another xx.years 🙂
- EPO, Oral Proceedings / NGAL cutoff-patent (III) The Reasons for the decision by the EPO, regarding the...
- EPO, Oral Proceedings / NGAL cutoff-patent (II) Following EPO presentation of the minutes of the Oral Proceedings...
- BioPorto, status of Trauma Patent at USPTO I said to myself “I wonder what the present status...
- BioPorto, status of Trauma Patent at USPTO (II) Last week I gave myself a fright, when browsing the...
- NGAL BioPorto and Phadia in Medwatch.dk NGAL – For the benefit of our esteemed readers from...
- Lesliejek on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Patrickciz on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Jameskipse on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- Rickiehiela on Chat transcript regarding the NGAL distr. Agreement with the Wiener Group. (In danish)
- James Rolitson on Good Discussion on Bronte Capital’s long thesis on Herbalife